Being that winter is approaching and the weather has been so gloomy lately, I wanted to show everyone a little piece of paradise. This picture was taken before 6am in Heron Island, Australia back in late May early June. I know this, because I went there. It was defiantly an amazing experience that I would love to share with everyone. this experience was indescribable everyday was amazing. The best part was, I was studying. I did a study abroad and we worked on projects and learned about the native animals. My project was about clams and the relationship between water depth and clam size. We found that there was a correlation between clam size and water depth. The deeper the water the larger the clams were overall. Now of course there were exceptions but that science, its about the experiments and the learning process.
One of the many reasons why I loved this trip was because I was learning, but I had no idea I was. That is something that needs to be put into our schools. We need to get our students to learn in more hands on ways. It is amazing but when students do not know that they are learning they have this ability to stay focused longer and want to know more, I guess it is an intrinsic motivation. The thing every teacher wants their students to have.
Just remember, this can be your classroom if you allow it ...


No comments:
Post a Comment